Metro Detroit Compassionate Action Network (MDCAN)
REQUEST FOR PARTICIPATION IN MDCAN 2018
FOR SUPER BOWL SUNDAY COMPASSION GAMES
The Metro Detroit Compassionate Action Network (MDCAN) www.compassionintheD.org intends to sponsor the 2018 “Souper Bowl” for Super Bowl Sunday Compassion Games. We would like our member, partners or other interested organizations to join us in participation.
- What: Souper Bowl for Super Bowl Sunday—Collection of canned goods and Donation of them to Forgotten Harvest or a Soup Kitchens of your choice.
- Purpose: To help feed those in need in the Metropolitan Detroit Area.
- When: From the Sunday Before the Super Bowl through the Sunday After the Super Bowl
- How Played:
- Register your team with MDCAN by email to email@example.com
- Collect can goods for the Sunday before the Super Bowl through the Sunday after the Super Bowl.
- Weigh the canned goods and donate them to Forgotten Harvest or a Soup Kitchen of your choice, (Forgotten Harvest will weigh the goods for you if you donate to them).
- There will be a revolving trophy (see separate attachment) with the name for each year of the Champion team that collected the most cans (by weight) for the “Souper Bowl”.
- There will be a black and silver 9” x 12” plaque that the winning team may keep.
- Forgotten Harvest will pick up and weigh your food, if you have 200 pounds or more.
Pick-up Criteria for Forgotten Harvest
- Forgotten Harvest will gladly accept food donations of 200 lbs or more. If your donation is less than 200 lbs., they ask that you deliver it directly to their warehouse during normal business hours or to one of our partner agencies.
- Ideally, the food should be packed, ready and accessible for pick-up upon the driver’s arrival. However, alternate arrangements may be made for donations that do not meet the above criteria – please call Laura Burton at Forgotten Harvest to inquire—(248) 268-7522.